- After a tough year and two heart attacks, I still have my father.
- My husband. I can say that now, we had a wonderful wedding surrounded by family and our most dear friends.
- All of the people who sat around my thanksgiving table yesterday, for they are just as much my family as my Mom and Dad are.
- I finally graduated from school.
- I actually have some job interviews.
Those are my top 5, there are many more: my cats, my house (despite how much I bitch about my neighborhood sometimes) and countless others. I like thanksgiving, not only for the food fest that ensues, but because it reminds me to keep my perspective. I need to remember to step back from all the things I stress out about on a daily basis and remember that all in all my life is good. There are those who face more insurmountable problems on a daily basis – like trying to simply stay alive. For all these I have every reason to be thankful.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Posted by Cara J. at 7:20 AM